Let’s face it, the best epilator for someone who’s happy to spend a ton of cash is not always the best epilator for someone with a bit more ‘frugal’ taste (hey, it’s fine to be cheap! I am!). Maybe not everyone wants to epilate in the shower while wet, but the point is lot’s of people do. All the same, you want the job done!
With that said, I’m going to elaborate on the classes and types of these hair removers, and show you the top 5 best epilator choices that can do exactly what you want. There is a reason these little things sell! And let me add this…there are a huge amount of best selling epilators on Amazon, and that doesn’t make it any easier to choose!
An Epilator For Your Face? Definitely. The Remington EP6025
I happily narrowed down the choices for the best facial epilator to this one: The Remington EP6025 Womens Recharegeable Epilator with Bonus Facial Epilator Attachment. Does it hurt? Well HELL yes of course it does, but if you know anything about epilators you know they are not a pain free choice for hair removal. So why do I say this one is a top 5 best epilator for face and other delicate parts?
- It comes with a ‘facial epilator attachment’. I mean come on! That is obvious 🙂
- If you’re dreaming, this thing won’t pinch you. Ya bad pun! But the fact remains when you press too hard while epilating, the tweezers just STOP. Makes it impossible to pinch (and hurt) yourself.
- No stupid cord. That is right. This epilator can be used on your face without having a dangling power cord getting in the way. Charge it up, remove the hair.
- Doesn’t hurt much more than threading or waxing. Well…not MUCH 🙂 Seriously though it truthfully hurts less. It’s a comfortable device.
- What can I say? It’s not too heavy, it isn’t too light… it’s just a darn good epilator and feels comfy.
- It’s an epilator. So it lasts longer than shaving, and smells much better than those god awful creams.
Now to the bad part. Of course not everything is perfect right. So what are the crappy things about my favorite epilator for faces?
- It hurts like a son of a bitch. At least for the first and maybe secondthird times. You do get used to it (no really you do…)
- The way it is designed makes it seem more effective on legs for example. Which is silly since they add “facial epilator” to the name of the product!
- Pink or red dots. No, it doesn’t give you acne but for the first handful of uses (from any epilator) you have to expect some irritation and redness. Usually is reduced with use.
There you have it. The best facial epilator. While lots of others can be used on the face, this one is definitely the best. You can check the great price I found here, as well as some customer reviews (if you don’t take my word for it!)
The Best Selling, Super Awesome, Simply Greatest Overall Epilator
Well, aside from a bit of pain, the other downside to epilating is usually the time it takes. Wet/dry units help a bit since you can use them in the shower (when and where most women shave). The Emjoi AP-18 Emagine Dual Opposed 72 Tweezer Head Epilator fixes that time issue by utilizing 72! tweezers which drastically reduces the time it takes to epilate. This Emjoi is rated in the top 5 because:
- According to ratings and consumer reviews, this unit is simply considered superior to all others. Why?
- It gets MORE hair, and even the shortest hairs. That’s what you want right?
- Skin sucking! No, not this model. As long as you hold your skin taut and firm you won’t experience the rather unpleasant pain of getting your skin tweezed.
- Super long cord. You can epilate anywhere with this thing! Although why you’d want to wander around while doing it is none of my business.
Of course with hundreds of reviews from real customers, there are bound to be some negative comments. So what are the things I can tell you that suck?
- Its a monster. I mean, this is possibly the largest epilator around with it’s 72 tweezers! That makes it hard to get to some of the more delicate areas like upper lip or bikini line if you were so inclined.
- I’m sorry, but it isn’t cordless. The cord is long and in my opinion provides better power than batteries, but maybe you prefer the convenience of not getting the cord wrapped around you.
- It’s painless compared to other epilators. Who the hell wants a pain free experience? Pain is Beauty right!?!
By now I know you want to read some other opinions and get the price on the Emjoi AP-18 Emagine Dual Opposed 72 Tweezer Head Epilator so go ahead, I don’t mind.
Do You Like Being Wet? This One Is For The Ladies!
Some like it wet. Some like it dry. The Panasonic ES-WD51-P Ladies Wet/Dry Epilator offers the best of both worlds. I like the fact it is super portable, comes with a travel pouch and is a pretty pink color (cute!). The charge on this cutie lasts 40 minutes and I’m happy to point out it takes a meager 1 hour to charge to full capacity! Better than the 6 to 12 hours other models take. Definitely belongs in the list of the top 5 best epilators!
- Completely immersible. You can use this with lather in your nice hot bath. The warmth and lather makes epilating less painful too!
- Comes with a few attachments like a shaver and bikini trimmer. I love the fact it can be used on the bikini area and you can get rid of all the hair “down there” 🙂
- Highest current ratings of all Wet/Dry epilators currently available. Obviously, or it wouldn’t make my list!
I don’t want to discourage you from using this great device. But since I pointed out some flaws in the others I have to do so here as well.
- Umm… it hurts? Actually I think this epilator is one of the most painful ones you can get. When you use it dry. But I assume you are looking at this because you want to use it wet, which is then definitely tolerable.
- To be honest, there isn’t that much to say negative about the Panasonic ES-WD51-P Ladies Wet/Dry Epilator. It does what it says it does, in the water.
I did you a favor by finding the cheapest price I could on this model at Amazon. Click here to go directly to that page and save some time searching for it. While you’re there you can read some customer reviews and you’ll agree with me that it kicks ass!
I’m A Man. Can Someone Tell Me What Epilator Is The Best For Me?
I use an epilator and I’m not ashamed to admit I own one. Well, to you… I honestly don’t tell my friends though. Nonetheless, this entry in the Top 5 Best is the Emjoi AP-18MS Emagine Epilator for Men in the lovely and manly color, Black. Recognize it? Its the same model as the womens version I covered above! Aside from a few minor differences, like being black. And manlier.
You know, some guys like to be hairless from the neck down. Like…all the way down. They go to salons and get the famous “Back, Crack and Sack” waxing. OUCH. If you don’t know what that means too bad. This isn’t a dirty website. All the same, I epilate. And while my kids like to use this manly model as a torture device, I like to consider it the best epilator for men.
- Obviously, the positives are the pretty much the same as the female version. So that covers the pro’s for the men version too.
Now the downside:
- Oh look its the same too. Go figure.
One tip I learned while reading the reviews on Amazon (who also has a wicked price…half of what I paid!) is to rub baby powder on the skin first. It causes the hair to stand up a bit more making it easier to eplilate, and the unit glides over the skin a little easier too. I tried it, it works.
Oh ya, if you want to see the customer reviews, more tips and such here is the link to the Emjoi AP-18MS Emagine Epilator for Men, Black on Amazon! Great price fellas!
Where Can I Find An Epilator For A Brazilian?
Alright! Let’s try and keep this clean.
It’s a very common and even an arguably hygenic desire to remove all the hair “down there”. Lots of people, men and women, find it more attractive and pleasing. I’m one of those people too in fact. So there is absolutely nothing wrong with looking for a way to smooth those areas out. Waxing hurts. Lots. Shaving is kinda…well…I know I wouldn’t take a straight razor anywhere near that area. That leaves you wanting the best epilator for brazilians! Let me introduce the Braun Se 3170 Silk Epil 3 Epilator in Pink.
- YOLO! Because my dear, it is going to hurt.
- After a couple of uses, the pain diminishes greatly and yes, girls, you can do the extreme bikini area (Brazilian!)
- It’s pink. It has a nice video review as you can see below. (hosted at Amazon.com)
The crappy part of writing this Top 5 Best Epilator list is that I have to find something negative about the products I’m using. I hate that, but I guess to be fair to you, the wonderful reader, I should be objective.
- I have to be honest. All the negative stuff about this device is the pain. Which is frankly not any more than any other epilator.
Yes I know I’m cheating here, but really I gave you a video review didn’t I? And besides I have something else. I have the funniest review of an epilator I have ever read. Suggesting getting completely drunk? Making sure there are no children or dogs around when you do it for fear of scaring the every loving crap out of them? It’s funny and worth a read, and you can find that review right here.
Hey, thanks for reading this list of the Top 5 Best Epilators. If you want to learn more, read “How does an epilator work“. While you’re down here I’d really appreciate a quick like or tweet 🙂 It costs you nothing and means a lot to me!